Sylabs is looking for a talented cloud native engineer to help us deliver scalable, rock solid cloud and on-premise services that support the usage of Singularity Pro in Enterprise environments. Join our friendly, fully-remote team and get a taste of what it means to build a service that supports clusters with 10,000 nodes!
- Work closely with Development, QA, and Product teams to design and develop core Singularity features in areas which may include: container security, container image formats, container orchestration & deployment, plugins, etc.
- Develop and support tools for cloud and on-premise deployment of Singularity Pro in Enterprise environments.
- Manage development using GitHub and ZenHub as part of a fully remote team.
- 3+ years experience in software development and deployment.
- Experience on deploying kubernetes on cloud and/or on-prem infrastructures.
- Knowledge in distributed systems, APIs, cloud computing and scalability.
- Experience programming in Go and/or C.
- Excellent communication skills, and an ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a remote team.
- Experience with existing container technologies.
- Experience working with hypervisor technology.
- Experience on kubernetes deployments and development (e.g kube-admin, minikube, kubicorn).
- Exposure to scientific computing workloads / machine learning workflows.