We’re seeking a talented and experienced OS level engineer to help develop the core functionality of the Singularity runtime and the unique Singulairty File System (SIF)!
- Work closely with Development, QA, and Product teams to design and develop core Singularity features in areas which may include: container security, container image formats, container orchestration & deployment, plugins.
- Research, design, and develop unique solutions that leverage the Linux kernel to ensure Singularity remains the most secure and performant container system in the world.
- Develop and support tools for on-premise deployment of Singularity.
- Help to plan roadmap for future releases of Singularity and related ecosystem.
- Manage development using GitHub and ZenHub as part of a fully remote team.
- 5+ years of operating system and/or device driver development experience.
- Systems level programming experience, in particular POSIX-based operating system architectures.
- Experience programming in C and Golang.
- Strong problem solving and debugging skills.
- Excellent communication skills, and an ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a remote team.
- Identify, analyze and resolve complex software design problems
- Experience with existing container technologies.
- Experience working at the kernel level.
- Experience working with hypervisor technology.
- Demonstrated record of contributing to Open Source projects.
You will be part of the Sylabs globally distributed team where everyone works from home with periodic face to face meetups. Sylabs offers competitive salary, bonuses, stock options and full benefits (for US residents). If you are looking for new challenges in an exciting startup environment with unlimited potential let’s talk!