Sylabs is seeking a talented DevOps engineer to help us deliver scalable, rock solid cloud and on-premise services that support the usage of Singularity Pro in Enterprise environments. Join our friendly, fully-remote team and get a taste of what it means to build a service that supports clusters with 10,000 nodes!
- Work closely with Development, QA, and Product teams to design and deploy scalable, secure, and cost-effective solutions in the cloud.
- Support budgeting and planning activities for cloud services.
- Develop and support tools for on-premise deployment of Sylabs services.
- Contribute to back-end service and API design by integrating operational lessons learned into the Sylabs QA suite.
- Coordinate tasks with the rest of the engineering team using ZenHub.
- 3+ years experience with DevOps workflows, including development, deployment, support, and monitoring.
- Extensive containerization and orchestration experience via Ansible.
- Experience deploying and monitoring high-reliability deployments of industry standard services such as RabbitMQ and MongoDB.
- Experience running scalable and high-available environments on AWS
Nice to Haves
- Previously worked in a remote team
- Backend programming in Go or other languages.
- Experience with OAuth2 and OpenID Connect
- Exposure to scientific computing / machine learning workflows
- Experience working on open source software projects
- Security auditing / reporting